This document addresses the architecture design, configuration and implementation considerations for the key components of the architecture required to deliver virtual desktops via VMware Horizon on Dell EMC VxRail with vSphere 6.0 Update 2 on VMware vSAN 6.2.
Relative to delivering the virtual desktop environment, the objectives of this document are to:
- Define the detailed technical design for the solution.
- Define the hardware requirements to support the design.
- Define the constraints, which are relevant to the design.
- Define relevant risks, issues, assumptions and concessions – referencing existing ones where possible.
- Provide a breakdown of the design into key elements such that the reader receives an incremental or modular explanation of the design.
- Provide scaling component selection guidance.
- Introduce Dell EMC VxRail Appliance
- Introduce Hybrid & All-Flash configuration for Dell EMC VxRail
- Introduce VDI optimized Dell EMC VxRail V Series Configurations